Sunday, February 5, 2012

Week 5 - Crocheted Camera Strap Cover

I have come across all kinds of designs for DIY camera strap covers, all of which were sewn.  I have really been wanting to make one, but just don't have the money to go shopping for supplies right now. With a wedding and a family shoot both coming up within the next couple of weeks, I knew I needed to find something that was more comfortable.

One night I opened my email to find this pattern by Rachel at Maybe Matilda sitting there in all of its glory just calling my name.  I pulled over the leftover yarn from my daughter's Simple Kerchief since it's super soft and got to work.

This cover is removable since it's not crocheted around your strap, but let me just say that it is super tricky to get on since the ends are narrowed.  In the end, though, it is so much more comfortable to wear the strap now and is definitely worth the hassle.


1 comment:

  1. COOOOOOOL! this is simply awesome! I bet it will come in handy for weddings!!! c ; you rock girl!!!

    ReplyDelete