Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Week 6 - Glittered Key



I hate how boring keys look.  I refuse to spend $4.00 or more for the decorative keys you can buy and have cut, especially when we're renting an apartment, so it's a key that I'll eventually have to give back to the landlord.  Needless to say I was excited to find this fun and simple way to decorate my house key.

I don't know where the original idea started since the pin I found went to nowhere, but I followed the instructions in the description and it worked.




The items I needed were simple:  my key, some Mod Podge, and glitter.  Apply Mod Podge all over the key, doing one side at a time.


There are two ways to apply the glitter.  You can apply it with a brush, or just sprinkle it onto the key.  For trial purposes, I tried both and using a brush was just a pain.

Be sure to apply a good coating of the glitter. Wait until the key is completely dry to shake off the excess.  Once dry, apply another coat of Mod Podge to act as a sealer.  Follow the instructions to complete both sides of the key and you're good to go - a pretty new personalized key.

No comments:

Post a Comment