Sunday, February 5, 2012

Week 6 - Crocheted Slouchy Hat


This was one of the first hat patterns I came across when I started learning to crochet.  I attempted it two different times before this and was unsuccessful.  As I sat watching one of the many awards shows on this time of year, I decided to make one final attempt.

The pattern was created by Julie at Gleeful Things.  The pattern actually calls for one skein of heavy weight yarn.  Since I didn't have any heavy weight yarn on hand, I opted to do a double strand of worsted weight yarn.  This hat was made with Red Heart Super Saver in Shaded Dusk.



If you're interested in making one of these for yourself, you can find the pattern here.  If you don't know how to crochet but would like one, you're welcome to pick up the yarn of your choice and I'll make you one.

The hat is super cute for all hair lengths, though it is tricky to put on if you want to do it without pulling your hair back into a ponytail first.

No comments:

Post a Comment