Saturday, December 3, 2011

#4 - Eggs Baked in Ham Cups

I was in the mood to try out a new breakfast recipe.  My family loves breakfast foods, no matter what time of day it is, but we all get bored with the same old dishes.  Because of that, I'm always on the lookout for ways to bring the classics into a new light.  I recently saw a Pin my friend Angela did for Ham Cups filled with eggs and knew it was a must-try.

The recipe came from Babble.com and is absolutely delicious.  I got out my deli sliced ham, eggs, cheese, and seasoning to get started.  


The recipe actually calls for just one slice of ham per cup, but since my hubby bought the deli-sliced style, it took a couple of slices for each cup.  Oh, and I used the oversized cupcake pan rather than a standard and started by spraying each cupcake with non-stick cooking spray so the ham didn't stick.

The next step was to simply crack an egg into each cup on top of the ham.


I chose to leave the eggs this way, but I supposed you could scramble them up if you wanted.  After that, I simply topped with cheese slices I'd chopped up, some fresh basil, salt, and pepper.


I put the pan into the oven at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.  This is how they looked when I pulled the pan out:


I was really worried about trying to get each Ham Cup out of the pan in one piece and without making a huge mess.  Now I know why I used the non-stick spray - they came out easily and held together beautifully.  We served them up with some buttered toast and indulged!



This is one recipe that will definitely get made again.  My kids love their eggs done but with the yolk still runny, which is just how they turned out.  The cheese and ham add some additional nutrients to help kickstart their day and kept me from having to stand over the stovetop all morning.

1 comment:

  1. I so want to try this! I was looking for something similar to do for Christmas morning. Looks soooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete